Sunday, December 16, 2012

Focus Charts


I added two screenshots to show an example of a focus chart.  These are some of the most useful charts/graphs provided to me as a coach for my students.  The top chart is a list of all the skills that particular student accessed during a 30-day period.  Any of the skills with a star beside them are ones that he/she has mastered.  The data on that chart includes skills completed in class and skills completed from home.  On the bottom chart, you can see some of the data I can see if I hold the mouse over top a piece of the chart.  That particular student was in one of my classes that were working on solving inequalities at the time and she was having a difficult time with compound inequalities.  As you see she eventually demonstrated that she had mastered that skill, given enough time and practice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment